Saturday 24 March 2007

New Old Tools!!!

Wow!! What a day!..
It's all go at Rachel Helen Designs lately! Not even time to update my blog!

Today I got up at 5am and traveled from Derby to Seaton in Devon and back again! All in the aid of new old tools!!! It only took about 11hrs!

Its all very exciting.. but exhausting!! Last week I happened across an ad from a retiring jeweller who is selling all his old equipment for an absolute bargain.. the only catch, he lives in Devon and he wants rid of the whole lot, including a 350kg safe that took four people, lots of head scratching and heave hoeing to get anywhere near the van!!
After about an hour and a half we finally managed to get it all in and I now have my own fully equipt workshop with almost all the tools necessary to do almost any job! It is fantastic.. I can hardly contain my excitement.. Unfortunately no one in my house fully understands what all these things are about, so they all think I'm mad!! What kind of girl gets excited by tools ey?!!..

So other BIG news for Rachel Helen Designs is making contact with wedding dress designer Charlotte Balbier!! After making contact with her and introducing my new wedding jewellery, she invited me to supply samples of my work to be used in the next dress shoot they do in June! I will be going to her studios to see her new range first hand and from there I will design and make some pieces to match.. I can't wait!!
Her work is so beautiful and inspirational.. Check out the website.. http://www.charlottebalbier.com/
This is just one of my favorites!!

No comments: